Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I like to hit things - theorycrafting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Foofy
Admin
Foofy

I like to hit things - theorycrafting Empty
PostSubject: I like to hit things - theorycrafting   I like to hit things - theorycrafting Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:11 pm

So, while beta is still active, I want to try and get in to some theorycrafting with Mistweavers.

Right now at level 87, our jab costs 9.6k mana. We only have a max mana pool of 160k. That means we can only jab about 16-17 times to gain our chi when trying to duel, or melee a boss. However, a problem is occurring that I have noticed from leveling and trying to do dungeons if I wish to be a melee healer. Expertise. Several of my jabs are being blocked/dodged/parried.

While in raiding, normally the melee are behind the boss (I'll be there too) there are times that we must go infront. With parries and blocks, we currently gain no refund of our jab (and its being looked at to be reduced).

If I wish to be a ranged healer (which they are slowly adding) I would be using soothing mists to generate my chi (which in turn can cost alot of mana as well, especially when coupled with Surging mists).

My idea is that with the fixes they are planning (jade statue change, jab mana cost change, + cost of mana for healing)that I will be trying to stick as a dps healer. The idea I have in mind is blanketing the raid with Renewing mists and hitting chi wave on cooldown. Uplift+ Thunder Focus tea when Renewing Mists is about to expire and fill with Jab+ blackout kick for additional DPS on the boss to send out healing through Emerience.

The problem with this is the expertise thing. A little would help, we shouldn't need to be capped. However, we have no conversion right now to gain any expertise. So a dodged/blocked/parried jab is a waste and generates no chi. I see this could be a problem. I think they should add Expertise to the Spirit-hit conversion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.swiftrejuvenation.net
shinryu
Sappling
shinryu

PostSubject: Re: I like to hit things - theorycrafting   I like to hit things - theorycrafting Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:55 pm

I don't know how Jab operates, but hitting the yellow hit cap probably couldn't hurt if it's marked as yellow couldn't it? And I thought I read somewhere that hit and exp go hand in hand now right?
Back to top Go down
Foofy
Admin
Foofy

PostSubject: Re: I like to hit things - theorycrafting   I like to hit things - theorycrafting Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Yeah, as a melee..you want exp cap, or close to it. Zero Exp is a pain to work with, even if you are behind the boss.
Back to top Go down
Foofy
Admin
Foofy

PostSubject: Re: I like to hit things - theorycrafting   I like to hit things - theorycrafting Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:50 pm

Ok, with the latest patch, we no longer have to worry about meleeing the boss to generate chi. Our emerience now procs off Crackling Jade Lightning, which is pretty awesome! We can also generate chi with it, and if I need chi in a "Right now" moment, I can expel harm.

So far, loving the changes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I like to hit things - theorycrafting   I like to hit things - theorycrafting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I like to hit things - theorycrafting
Page 1 of 1