Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy New Year!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Foofy
Admin
Foofy

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Now how many of you are off playing SWTOR?
Back to top Go down
http://www.swiftrejuvenation.net
Fichte
Sappling
Fichte

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 2:14 pm

I dont have it, but I've not yet decided if i like it. (is there a regional separation of the servers, or could i play with you silly druids?)

OH AND HAPPY NEW YEAR, OMG!
Back to top Go down
Foofy
Admin
Foofy

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Over half my guild seems to be playing it. Already lost a person or two to the game. I'm slightly worried since we've had an entire week off from raiding for the holidays. I just hope this game doesn't effect us like how it has with other people. Seeing so many people looking for guild now saying SWTOR killed their guild Sad
Back to top Go down
Fichte
Sappling
Fichte

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 5:57 pm

Good thing, my guild more or less died before SWToR release, so, yeah, it doesnt get any worse -.-
Back to top Go down
shinryu
Sappling
shinryu

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 6:01 pm

I would be playing SWTOR if I had any money to buy it...having to save for 3 birthdays 3 days apart in the first week and a half of january kinda sucks.
Back to top Go down
Foofy
Admin
Foofy

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 1:00 am

It seems like its pricing the same as WoW...so much a month (they have game cards for 30 for 60 days). Me and my husband decided that when we hear about how the endgame works is when we will make the decision on if we will look in to it further or not.
Back to top Go down
shinryu
Sappling
shinryu

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 1:47 am

Yeah, I was beta testing, but never leveled enough to try the endgame out, but I mean it's pretty fun regardless. Even more so if you're a star wars nut like me.

But yeah, I've been wondering how the endgame can pan out myself...I mean, at face value it's just raiding obviously with star wars flair thrown in. So eh...

I find it more funny SWTOR will be more WoW than WoW will be once MoP throws in all those talent tree changes.
Back to top Go down
Fichte
Sappling
Fichte

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 4:41 pm

shinryu wrote:

I find it more funny SWTOR will be more WoW than WoW will be once MoP throws in all those talent tree changes.

That is mathematical and logical wrong in so many ways D:
Back to top Go down
Foofy
Admin
Foofy

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 7:51 pm

I have to try MOP before I can really comment on it. :<
Back to top Go down
shinryu
Sappling
shinryu

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:22 pm

Fichte wrote:
shinryu wrote:

That is mathematical and logical wrong in so many ways D:
Well consider, WoW is ditching the trees completely with abilities for that sorta bleh system in MoP, so at face value if you look at SWTOR's trees, they will end up being more like WoW lol. Even Rift's trees will look more like WoW than WoW's will lol, or at least what we all remember WoW being.
Back to top Go down
lissanna
Sappling

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:56 pm

I don't really like the talent trees in SWTOR. It's a bunch of "increases your crit by 1%" filler junk that doesn't really do much for your character.

I like Diablo 3's system better for choosing what abilities you want to have to make your character's playstyle change in interesting ways.

After playing both Diablo 3's beta and SWTOR over the holidays, I'd honestly say that they make me really excited to see how MoP's new talent system works out.

WoW is borrowing the system from D3 and SC2 that offers real choice in ways that choosing "do you want 1% more mana or have your spells cost 1% less mana?" just feels like a stupid choice.
Back to top Go down
shinryu
Sappling
shinryu

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:30 am

...you got into the Diablo 3 beta Sad

How is it? It looks fun, but honestly the fact you have to have an online connection just to play single player just really turned me off from wanting it, even with the chance to make real money via AH...
Back to top Go down
Fichte
Sappling
Fichte

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:17 am

Actually, Rift has the exact same problem as WoW, prolly the biggest reason for Blizzard to change the talenttrees style to it's minimal form.

In Rift, you may have lots of talents to choose from, but in the end, you don't really choose that much, only your 3 souls, and if you go 32 or 51 points in them (or less). With most souls the amount of points spent in an optimal setup is given anyway, because you have to reach a certain ability. In most cases in WoW it's the same (btw. Resto druid is probably one of the speccs with the most choices to do), in MoP, you just see only the choices, and stuff like treeform, swiftmend and other talents you "have" to specc, are gone into the spellbook automated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy New Year!
Page 1 of 1