Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spine of Deathwing

Go down 
+3
Zeebubs
Foofy
WeWhoEat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WeWhoEat
Sappling

Spine of Deathwing Empty
PostSubject: Spine of Deathwing   Spine of Deathwing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:36 pm

Does anyone out there contribute to the tendon DPS while healing? I've only contributed via fairie fire (yes, the realities of 10 man raiding) but we're only just getting the tendon down with a single tank strat, and we've missed them before. I've never felt that resto druids can contribute meaningful DPS, and I don't think popping treeform just for DPS would be wise in this encounter.
Back to top Go down
Foofy
Admin
Foofy

Spine of Deathwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spine of Deathwing   Spine of Deathwing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:41 pm

I make sure everyone is topped and then wrath spam with IS and Moonfire ticking on it. Any dps is dps that could be helping.

I wouldn't suggest doing it over trying to keep everyone up should bloods still be up or anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.swiftrejuvenation.net
Zeebubs
Sappling

Spine of Deathwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spine of Deathwing   Spine of Deathwing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:58 pm

The Corruptions have a nasty habit of using Fiery Grip on a raid member right after a nuclear blast, your dps may be better spent (provided you're not gripped) on breaking this person out to free the main dps up to dps tendons, after chucking up initial dots. Unless you have another healer assigned to do that of course Wink All depends on the strat you're using too.

As far as resto druids providing meaingful dps, I was required to dps a decent amount on Heroic Ragnoros, and let the pally healer handle things, after the 2nd hammer phase so that we could only have one meteor. We are fairly useful and can output a decent amount compared to some other healers ^_^
Back to top Go down
Jasyla
Sappling
Jasyla

Spine of Deathwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spine of Deathwing   Spine of Deathwing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:27 am

I'll usually try to toss up an Insect Swam and Moonfire, but I usually have things to heal at that point, or my mana is tight and I don't want to be casting too many dps spells.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cannotbetamed.com
Laurind
Sappling
Laurind

Spine of Deathwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spine of Deathwing   Spine of Deathwing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 12:08 pm

How do you handle the heal absorb debuff I was using Rejuv, swiftmend on CD and throwing HTs?
I sucked hard way yesterday... had to go, respec and go resto.... had a new piece unencanted, but not to suck like that! I think I did 8k HPS... and I was OOM just before 2nd tendon

We used CDs like this:
Spirit link on first stack to barrel roll
I used Tranq on the first exploding amalgamation,
Aura Mastery on 2nd stack
Tank died while the amalgamation was on 9 stacks, with the add almost dead... (used ToL, but seems couldn't do much)

but I really felt I was fucking the raid up
Back to top Go down
Foofy
Admin
Foofy

Spine of Deathwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spine of Deathwing   Spine of Deathwing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 12:26 pm

There really isn't much damage when trying to get him to roll. I suggest saving spirit link for when the exploding of the amalgamation happens.

If you are healing the people with the debuff, making them a lifebloom target does help. Its up to you however.

I Regrowth them on the spot, Rej, then 3 stack lifebloom. Then I ignore them as the healing becomes more than enough and I go back to the raid. Making sure to keep Swiftmend down on the group of people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.swiftrejuvenation.net
Beruthiel
Sappling
Beruthiel

Spine of Deathwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spine of Deathwing   Spine of Deathwing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 12:37 pm

You are healing the absorb buff about correctly. You can toss in a RG if you get an OoC proc, and WG after the person (or anyone with the debuff) takes damage to help as well (wait for them to take damage so that you ensure WG will hit them). I will also rejuv anyone with the debuff to help out the other healers as well, since a full duration rejuv is a pretty healthy amount of healing.

Depending on how quickly your team works, you may have tranq up after each roll (especially while learning). We've found that using tranqs and Hymns for at least 2 of the rolls really helps to keep the debuffs under control (we use it after the roll and everyone is back in the middle) - so if it's not up for all three rolls, try to use it for roll 1 and 3 - but if it is up, it also means that SLT will also be up for all three rolls (we also use SLT to help clear debuffs after the rolls). Additionally, I'll use ToL to help clear debuffs when there are a lot of them active, as a three stack of LB does a fair bit of healing towards clearing off the debuff.

I do, however, use a healthy amount of HT during the encounter (in last night's kill, I cast 25). To keep your mana under control, be sure to innervate early and often - and sneak in a concentration potion right after a roll, once the debuffs are under control.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fallingleavesandwings.wordpress.com
Laurind
Sappling
Laurind

Spine of Deathwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spine of Deathwing   Spine of Deathwing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 2:54 pm

When we stack to make a roll, I see people getting pretty low... that's why I decided to use SLT while stacked on the fire patch...
So it would be better to try heal people stacked, wait for the roll, then SLT and a tranq (or hymn)?
And regular heal the explotions, with maybe AM for it? (we are pretty good at downing the amalgamation with few ticks)

Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
WeWhoEat
Sappling

Spine of Deathwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spine of Deathwing   Spine of Deathwing Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:39 pm

We downed spine on our next night of attempts, couple of things that really made a difference IMO:

* Use preventative cooldowns for rolls and pre-explosion burn downs when the raid is in danger

* Use throughput cooldowns (tranq, hymn of hope) to burst off debuffs when you get too many

* Keep moving that lifebloom stack to a debuffed person, and get a feel for when letting it bloom will clear the debuff so you don't waste anymore GCDs on that target. Always rejuv a debuffed person, even those not in your scope of responsibility; that spell is just tailor made for this job.

* When the blast is about to knock a plate off, start getting rejuves on the raid to stabilize their health so that you can assist DPS without worrying about healing when the tendon comes up.
Back to top Go down
lissanna
Sappling

Spine of Deathwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spine of Deathwing   Spine of Deathwing Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:54 am

congrats on getting spine down!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spine of Deathwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spine of Deathwing   Spine of Deathwing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spine of Deathwing
Page 1 of 1