Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mastery VS Haste

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
craigdrood
Sappling
craigdrood

Mastery VS Haste Empty
PostSubject: Mastery VS Haste   Mastery VS Haste Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 12:44 pm

Can anyone give a quick breakdown as to where you stop paying attn to haste and switch to Mastery as the primary secondary stat?

Also could it not be more beneficial to stack mastery/Crit? has anyone run the numbers to see what the difference would be?
Back to top Go down
Foofy
Admin
Foofy

Mastery VS Haste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastery VS Haste   Mastery VS Haste Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:30 pm

The main thing with haste is just hitting the caps. Its the points in between when you want to focus more on a secondary stat like Mastery.

So if you are between 916 and 2005,..say at 1300, you could drop your haste down to 916 and go mastery. Or if you are able to reach the 2005 haste without gemming pure 40haste gems, then you would want to go with haste (hybrid gems and reforging) to gain the 2005 cap.

After 2005, not many people focus on the caps since people were mainly concerned about the Wild Growth extra tick. There are others out there you could shoot for however, but most people are leaving their haste hovering around 2005 with some wiggle room so to speak so they can switch out gear.

As for Crit and Mastery, Mastery is slightly better than crit, but at a certain point, mastery wll fall under Crit. I don't know the numbers offhand, I'm sure lissanna could give more numbers towards it, but crit does begin to go above mastery. Right now, mastery is still better off. Mastery in the end, helps you conserve mana by healing for more, however, haste helps expend mana faster.

Crit itself is nice, but mainly if you are doing alot of direct healing. Its not a stat tht most people are looking in to at this moment. Maybe when more geared in heroic modes of Dragonsoul. But right now, no one has updated anything say Crit >Mastery with a definite answer.

Edit: The next haste cap people would try for is 3754 (Wild Growth tick)..don't think anyone will reach that without using pure haste gems :<
Back to top Go down
http://www.swiftrejuvenation.net
craigdrood
Sappling
craigdrood

Mastery VS Haste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastery VS Haste   Mastery VS Haste Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:46 pm

Ok that was my main question becuase im currently sitting at like 1800 and without DI I dont hit the haste point, so if that is the case beofre i get gear to hit the 2005 break point i should prob focus on mastery right?

(I always ahave the 5% haste increase usually frm a shadow Priest)
Back to top Go down
Foofy
Admin
Foofy

Mastery VS Haste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastery VS Haste   Mastery VS Haste Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:48 pm

If you don't have acess to gear that can knock you over, yeah, you could drop some haste (down to 916) and work on mastery. (This is a personal preference. It could have good or bad results depending on playstyle) Or you could just slowly gain haste as you grab mastery items. The main thing is to hit 2005 ASAP. (Reccommended) But make sure you don't hurt yourself trying to get it.
Back to top Go down
craigdrood
Sappling
craigdrood

Mastery VS Haste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastery VS Haste   Mastery VS Haste Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:58 pm

Yeah my only question is would you think I should Gem for Haste to hit the breakpoint or continue with the int gems in any socket without a +20 bonus?
Back to top Go down
kamija
Sappling

Mastery VS Haste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastery VS Haste   Mastery VS Haste Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:07 pm

I don't know if you do this, but i have seen haste enchants on an item or 2 which would could help you, and then it might be worth to go for the 20int/20 haste gem, but it then depens on your gem sockets.

A can give a more clearlyfided answer with an armory link
Back to top Go down
Foofy
Admin
Foofy

Mastery VS Haste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastery VS Haste   Mastery VS Haste Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:18 pm

Yeah, without an armory link, it would be hard for us to tell you if you could hit it without hurting yourself or not.
Back to top Go down
craigdrood
Sappling
craigdrood

Mastery VS Haste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastery VS Haste   Mastery VS Haste Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Will do when Im off of work today Thanks so much guys!
Back to top Go down
Foofy
Admin
Foofy

Mastery VS Haste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastery VS Haste   Mastery VS Haste Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:32 pm

HOKAY

Plugging you in to rawr (only to reforge and regem and get correct numbers)..this is what I got as a final product. Keep in mind, I only changed gems and reforged your gear. I suggest a change in spec. But if you have any questions, you can slide over to the spec area.

Reforges (just going down the list)
Helm (Spirit - Mastery)
Neck (Spirit - Haste)
Shoulders (Crit - Haste)
Back (Crit - Mastery)
Chest (Spirit - Mastery)
Wrists (Spirit - Haste)
Gloves (Spirit - Haste)
Belt (No Reforge)
Pants (Spirit - Haste)
Ring (Crit - Mastery)

Weapons you can leave alone, unless you want to switch them around. Should you be hurting for mana during fights, you can drop any Spirit - Mastery Reforges.

Also, all your pure haste gems should become pure red gems.

Final Tally (With Mark of the wild)
Spellpower: 9024
Crit: 25.20%
Haste: 23.26% (2006)
Harmony (Mastery): 23.37% (1445)
Back to top Go down
ellyda
Sappling
ellyda

Mastery VS Haste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastery VS Haste   Mastery VS Haste Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 12:39 pm

I can't add anything to the already excellent breakdown, just adding my experience. Through all of Firelands I was really hurting for gear with haste and had to enchant, reforge, and gem int/haste. Let me tell you, it was really quite frustrating having to switch everything around every time I got a new piece of gear >:[
Back to top Go down
http://ellyda-wow.tumblr.com
craigdrood
Sappling
craigdrood

Mastery VS Haste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastery VS Haste   Mastery VS Haste Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:05 pm

lol lets hope I get to replace with Items that don make me work so hard! lol
Back to top Go down
Juvenate
Sappling
Juvenate

Mastery VS Haste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastery VS Haste   Mastery VS Haste Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 2:13 pm

Nice breakdown Foofy!

Firelands was a pain for me personally to reach that 2006 breakpoint. I had to sacrifice about 100-150 Intellect at the time to reach it, but it was well worth it.

Our T13 gear is very well itemized now. People are reporting you can reach the next Rejuv tick in 397 gear with Bottled Wishes, 2 pieces of Balance gear, and Dark Intent tho you will lose the 4pc Resto bonus. I don't know which is better.. I have a Lock giving me DI in our 25s so I'm considering trying it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wtsheals.com
Sponsored content

Mastery VS Haste Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastery VS Haste   Mastery VS Haste Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mastery VS Haste
Page 1 of 1