HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Another Look at Glyph of Wild Growth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Foofy
Admin

PostSubject: Another Look at Glyph of Wild Growth   Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:16 am

We all have read its an HPS loss.

In 25man, I'm looking for more of sustaining health rather than topping meters.

Ideas? Thoughts? Moans? Groans?

Sappling

PostSubject: Re: Another Look at Glyph of Wild Growth   Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:29 am

I'm running without it. WG reduction by 20% AND a +2 second CD with the glyph.. Nah.. I'll settle for one less person healed for my 2 seconds back.

I would love to see some in depth math on it TBH. But from what I can see, the glyph only nerfs it more.. So why run with it? Those 2 seconds of extra CD add up to some significant heals loss IMO.. But its all my opinion, I have no math to back it up.. Just seems logical to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foofy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Look at Glyph of Wild Growth   Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:03 pm

I've seen two parts of the math. One that supports it for 25man raiding and the other that doesn't. Thats why I'm curious about it.

Sappling

PostSubject: Re: Another Look at Glyph of Wild Growth   Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:04 pm

I'm not entirely sure the problem can be solved by theorycrafting alone. Some trial-and-error to see what works better for you is what I've really been recommending.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Treepain
Sappling

PostSubject: Re: Another Look at Glyph of Wild Growth   Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:21 pm

I've been running with the glyph this past week for raiding, so next week I'll run without it and I can compare my healing done with it, to see if there's any difference.

Just by looking at it, I personally think it's a healing loss, just like Allorah said the 2 second longer cooldown for just one person really doesn't add up in my head as logical. I just haven't actually taken the time to take off the glyph, but I'll make that a priority for this next week of raiding. Then I can compare and contrast the logs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasyla
Sappling

PostSubject: Re: Another Look at Glyph of Wild Growth   Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:58 pm

I used the glyph my first night in Dragon Soul and quickly dropped it. The extra 2-second cooldown threw off my internal timers and I often found myself wasting time trying to cast it before it was ready.

I'm finding my healing is better and feels much more comfortable without the glyph.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Look at Glyph of Wild Growth   

Back to top Go down

Another Look at Glyph of Wild Growth
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1